Thursday, December 1, 2011

C4T Summary # 4

picture of a logo that says, are you listening.


I was assigned to the blog of Nancy Teaches. She seems to be a very passionate teacher and is always up for learning new things and becoming a better teacher. The first week, I was assigned to her blog post entitled:
 Am I So Busy Teaching I Forget to Listen.


This post was a great eye opener for many teachers. In the post, Nancy spoke of how she is so busy teacher and trying to be a great teacher that she sometimes forget to listen to the ideas of the students and do not notice the students who need help but are afraid to ask. I was able to relate to her blog post and my response to her blog post was:




"I am an EDM310 student from the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed your post. From a students point of view, I can relate to your post. In the classroom, we as students are sometimes afraid to come forth about confusion or problems within the lesson being taught. I am realizing that this is a fear that I must conquer in order to become more educated an not get to far behind. As a future educator, I realize that it will be my duty to make sure my students are actually getting a clear understanding of what i teach, so they will not have to be the kid in class, lost and afraid to ask questions."

picture of light bulb


The next week I was assigned to her blog post entitled:I Had An Idea. She assigned essays for her students to write and thought the students did an amazing job with writing them. So after the essays, she came up with an idea of turning the students essays into speeches. They students were really passionate in the idea of helping animals, the earth, and recycling, but Mrs. Nancy was afraid that they did not really know what it meant to give back. From there she came up with the idea of getting the students to do research on humanitarian organizations. This was a really great post. I left here a comment saying:


"My name is KaShondra Rudolph. I am an EDM310 student from the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed reading your post. I think students have many wonderful ideas and an a wild imagination. They really want to do their part to help and make a different. As long as we guide them the right way and give them that extra push and motivation, they will succeed at doing just what they want to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment