I listened to the Eagle Nest Podcast entitled " totally terrific Time Travel with explorers", created by a group of third grades. My first impression of this podcast was mind blowing. I really enjoyed the theme of going back in time. They seem to have great confidence and was well knowledgeable of their topics and information. They had very little if any hesitation throughout their podcast. This was a wonderful podcast.
The Benefits of Pod casting in the Classroom by: Joe Dale
Joe Dale talks about the benefits of podcasting in the classroom. These benefits are as listed:
- an effective way of interacting with students outside of the classroom
- a form of learning students of today are familiar with and therefore makes it relevant to them
- it allows for differentiation and project based learning
- students can access the higher order thinking skills in Bloom's taxonomy
- it promotes creativity and innovation
- it can offer distance learning opportunities for absent students
- the process of creating and uploading audio files is easy
- students can record role plays in character making their learning more memorable
- parents can see and hear what their children are doing at school
The Practical Principle- Episode # 25
I enjoyed this podcast setting as a discussion board. I really enjoyed how they incorporated music at the beginning. Mr. Elias and Ms. Miller's podcast seemed to be a way they catch up things that goes on in their life and things they find interesting. It reminded me of a radio station when I first listen to the podcast, but found some of the things they discussed quite interesting.