Sunday, October 2, 2011

Blog Post # 6

picture of connectivism


 The Networked Student by Wendy Drexler was an interesting video. The video started with a definition of connectivism. Connectivism was described as a theory that presume that learning occurs as part of a social network of many diverse connections and ties. This network is made possible through many tools of technology.  I myself am in a learning stage when it comes to using different sources of technology and networking. Networking allows an individual to communicate with different people of similar interest and ideas.  Networking also allows people to work together to come up with new ways of learning and teaching. 


In the video, this question was asked, "Why does the network student need a teacher?”
I believe a teacher is needed, in the classroom, to show students the proper and most effective way to use and understand networks. Teachers should be aware of better ways to find certain resources and excellent ways of organizing data, for the students. The use of technology is a great source, but I do not think the teacher should ever be excluded completely. Everyone needs guidance. Networks can be very beneficial and I want to learn more about them. This way, I will be able to teach my students the benefits of networking.



 A 7th Grader's Personal Learning Environment 


A PLN (Personal Learning Environment) is a great organizer to arrange all of your different networks and links to great sources.  The student  in this video has a very organized PLN with everything she needs in color codes.  She is able to pull up links that associate with her classwork, and links of social interest. In the video she showed us, step by step, how to get to certain cites through her plan. Just as our EDM 310 class, her class is also paperless. I find that going green is better than keeping up with a stack of papers and finding places to store them all. This is why a PLN is a great tool to use for organization. My PLN is similar to the PLN of the student in the video. I have all of my links color coded and sectioned off according to their importance. I use my PLN for almost every website I visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment